- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- If you are renting you must have paid any additional pet deposits or fees and be willing to pay any additional pet rent. We do check with the landlord or management to verify.
- We ask that you do at least a two week trial adoption. Meaning that the pet lives with you and your family to give everyone a little bit of time to make sure it's the right fit. If everything goes well after the two weeks, the adoption contract is then signed and the adoption fee is paid. We will always be here for you and your pet even after the adoption has been finalized, however, in the event that the pet needs to be returned, there is no refund for the adoption fee.
- Cats and kittens must be taken home in a secured pet carrier and must be indoor only.
- We do not adopt out dogs to be used as guard dogs or "yard" dogs.
- We do not release any animals to research facilities.
- We do not adopt out animals as gifts.
- All current pets must be spayed or neutered and up to date on veterinary care.
- A vet reference, vet check and/or a home visit may be required.
We like to take the pressure out of adopting by doing a Foster to Adoption (trial adoption). Since it is our goal to make sure every pet we place goes into a home best suited for its needs and the adopter gets the pet that best fits their lifestyle, we need to know a little bit about you. The information on the application helps us get to know you and understand your home environment, whether there are other pets in the home, children, etc. These are important factors to see how to best match one of our pets to your individual situation.
The application also provides us with a history of your pets. Do you have a fenced yard? Are your pet's spayed/neutered? Are they a member of your family, a companion, or kept in the yard? These are all important details that help us understand more about you and what kind of pet guardian you would be for one of our adoptable animals. We want to make sure it is a "win-win" situation for both the adopter and the pet! If you see a dog our cat below that you are interested in, please fill out the application and someone will contact you within 48 hours.